James Riley Quinn

M, b. 15 March 1843, d. 20 February 1926
Father*Martin Quinn
Mother*Bridget Riley d. c 1852
Name TypeDateDescription
Name VariationJames Riley Quinn was also known as Jimmie.
Name VariationJames Riley Quinn was also known as J. R.
Life EventDateDescription
Birth15 March 1843James Riley Quinn was born on 15 March 1843 at New York.
He was the son of Martin Quinn and Bridget Riley.
MarriageOctober 1865James Riley Quinn married Louisa Dunfee in October 1865.
Marriage21 October 1876James Riley Quinn married Mary Elizabeth Weyand, daughter of Enoch Beckley Weyand and Phoebe Jane Grant, on 21 October 1876.
Death20 February 1926James Riley Quinn died on 20 February 1926 at Oklahoma at age 82.
  • The following is a list of grand and great-grandchildren and in-laws of the James Riley Quinn family who served in World War II:

    Dean E. Wright, son of Orveta and Ross Wright.
    Ross E. Beason, son-in-law of Jennie and Harmon Fox.
    Bernard L. Dunshee and Ray R. Dunshee, sons of C.J. Dunshee, husband of Nora
    William A. Sandstrom, son-in-law of Orveta and Ross Wright.
    Jay E. Foland and Hal E. Foland, grandsons of Mattie Quinn Rinehart.
    Mary M. Beason, daughter of Jennie and Harmon Fox.
    H.S. Bergtholdt, son-in-law of Arthur and Pearl Quinn.
    R.C. Bryan, son-in-law of Joe Quinn.
    Eugene West, grandson-in-law of Joe Quinn.
    Louis C. McPike, son-in-law of Jennie and Harmon Fox.
    Leo C. Quinn, son of Arthur and Pearl Quinn.
    Richard D. Andrews, grandson-in-law of Joe Quinn.
    Quinn Rinehart and Jack K. Rinehart, grandsons of Mattie Quinn Rinehart.
    Max Eugene Quinn, son of Will and Ada Quinn, died August 16, 1944, in France.

    M/Sgt. Martin H. Quinn, World War I.
  • Early Life of James Riley Quinn - Sometime during the early months of 1842, Martin Quinn and Miss Bridget Riley were married in Dublin, the capitol city of Ireland, a country of the British Isles. After the usual short honeymoon of that day, this young couple began the planning of a home and future life. They had read and heard a great deal of the United States of America, of its wonderful opportunities, growing cities, broad plains, fertile valleys, large rivers, high beautiful mountains and varied climate, so they began to save their money, and plan for an early voyage to America.
    They secured transportation on a passenger sailing vessel in December 1842, and set sail from Liverpool, England for their new home. After a voyage of several weeks, they arrived at New York, the metropolis of America, sometime during the month of January 1843, very happy for a safe voyage to the land of the free and untold opportunities. After a few days spent in giving the city the once over, they secured a place to live and a job and went to work full of hope for a greater and better way of life.
    On March 15, 1843, a brown-eyed baby boy came to bless the home of these young people to whom they gave the name of James Riley. The name "James" seemed so old and grown up for the little fellow, so they nicknamed him "Jimmie," the name that stayed with him until he was grown.
    Not long after the birth of their son, this young couple moved to Madison, a frontier town on the north bank of the Ohio River, in the state of Indiana. As Jimmie remembers, his father owned and operated a small grocery store and was doing a good business, when he was stricken and died. This was a great blow to the young wife and three year old son.
    About two years later, his mother married to a man by the name of O'Riley and two daughters were born to them. From what information Jimmie could give us, his stepfather was a saloon man, and was away from home a great deal of the time. He was very indifferent to the comfort and needs of his family. As for his little stepson, he had no love for him and often-times treated him cruelly, so he spent a lot of his time, when not in school, playing and making friends away from home.
    He and some of his boy friends spent much of their time on the Ohio River, fishing, swimming, boat riding, and having a good time as boys will. Jimmie became quite an expert swimmer, for a boy, and at the age of eight years, he, with two older boys swam the Ohio River from Madison, Indiana to Milton, Kentucky. He said, "I thought I would never make it when I was about 200 yards from the bank," but with that Irish spirit and determination he reached his goal. As he lay on the bank completely exhausted, he looked back across the broad river and in his mind I hear him say "Once is enough for me, hereafter when I cross the Ohio, I'll ride on a ferry boat."
    He spent a lot of his time either bumming his way, or working his passage up and down the river from one town to another on steam boats, for at that time most of the passenger and freight transportation was on the river.
    One of the severest blows of Jimmie's life came when he was nine years old. His mother, a boy's best friend, became ill and died, leaving him alone, and he was truly alone as he did not know of another relative, except his two half-sisters. Several months prior to his mother's death, his stepfather was thrown from a delivery wagon in a run-away, receiving a head injury, greatly affecting his mind. As he was a Catholic, his two daughters, Jimmie's half-sisters were placed in a convent. He, being afraid of being put in a Catholic school for boys, left home and for a time became a little waif, sleeping and eating wherever he happened to be.
    Finally, a man who owned and operated a grocery story came to his rescue, by securing for him a home in the country with a family by the name of Gibbs. There were two old maids in the home who took quite a fancy to the freckled faced, brown eyed Jimmie, and were kind to him; the first real affection he had known since his mother's death.
    He was very happy in his new home. They owned a flock of sheep, which he had to herd during the summer months. Of course, being a boy, he would rather have gone fishing.
    While the family provided for him a comfortable home, they did not have sufficient interest in him to send him to school, so all the schooling he had was before he was nine years old. He said the old maids spent some time with him, teaching him to read and write, which was a great help in his future life.
    He lived with this family until he was sixteen years of age, when he went out into the world on his own. In his search for employment, he drifted as far north in the state as Kokomo, where he was working when the Civil War broke out among the States.
  • Between 1886 and 1887 James R. Quinn and Family as Pioneers - In December of 1886, Daddy sold the Missouri farm and began preparations to move to western Kansas. By Feb 26, 1887, all the arrangements were completed and the caravan consisting of two covered wagons, two teams, two cows, one dozen hens, one rooster, and old Shep, the family dog, was ready to go. The hens and rooster were in a coop attached to the side of one of the wagons.
    About 10 o'clock in the morning of February 26, we bid good-bye to relatives and many of our good Missouri friends. Mother took charge of one wagon and Daddy the other. Nora, Art and Jennie climbed into the wagons and Joe and I were assigned the unpleasant duty of driving the cows, not on horseback but a-foot.
    Our oldest sister Mattie, who was 18, had a boy friend and a good job, so we left her behind and to this day she still lives in Vernon County, Missouri. As we left that morning, I'm sure it was in the mind of each of us, "western Kansas or bust".
    The first day we traveled about eighteen miles and camped on the Mormaton River near Ft. Scott, Kansas. The camping-out was a new experience for the family as well as the stock and the dog. We had quite a time cooking our supper over the camp fire, and getting the stock, dog and chickens fed and settled down for the night. I am quite sure Mother and Daddy did not sleep too well that first night.
    We were all up by sun-up the next morning. There was a thin sheet of ice in the water bucket. A little chilly to be camping out, but we soon had a big camp fire going. Breakfast over, cows milked, everything packed again, and horses hitched up, we were off on our second day with Joe and I trailing behind driving the cows with Shep's help. We soon found when making camp for the night three things were necessary, food and water for the stock, food for the family, and plenty of wood for the camp fire.
    We traveled about the same number of miles each day and the experiences of each night were about the same except that the number of covered wagons increased at the camp grounds each time. I remember the night we camped on Walnut Creek in a beautiful camp ground near Eldorado, Kansas. There were about fifty families camped there for the night. All were nice, friendly folks, going west to find homes; to become the pioneers of western Kansas, eastern Colorado and "No-Man's-Land."
    After about eight days, we reached Inka, Kansas, where we visited a few days with Uncle Roy and Aunt Hattie Tremaine and family. Hattie was a sister of mother's. They homesteaded on 160 acres of land in the summer of 1884, and were living in a half dugout at this time. While we were there, Daddy read in the Kansas City Weekly Star that Congress has passed an Act opening "No-Man's-Land" for settlement. From the location on the map, we felt this would probably be a better place to live than western Kansas.
    Our experiences on our trip after we left Uncle Roy's was much the same, except that the farther west we went the more scarce were trees and water. Also, fewer towns and farm houses. Therefore, we had trouble finding necessary things for comfortable camping, such as feed, food, water and wood. While traveling on the plains near Greensburg, Kansas, we were attracted by what appeared to be pools of water ahead of us on the prairie and in the road, but as we drew nearer it would disappear, which excited our curiosity. Sometimes in this optical illusion, a sage brush or weed would appear to be a tree in the distance. We found out later that this was called a mirage.
    Before we left Uncle Roy's, we had not quite made up our minds whether we would go on to western Kansas or to "No-Man's-Land." When we reached Meade, Kansas, we all went into a huddle and decided we would turn south to "No-Man's-Land". The first time we used cow chips to cook with was when we camped on Crooked Creek, south of Meade for our noon meal. It was a real experience and a lot of fun for we children, but mother held up her hands in horror at the idea. However, the time came when she thought nothing of it.
    We arrived in "No-Man's-Land" about 4 p.m. Saturday, March 19, 1887. The first family we met was at the home of Mr. Bart Husted. They lived in a sod house. In the yard was on open well of good cool water and I remember Daddy said after he took a drink from the bucket which he drew from the well by a rope and pulley: "Good cool water-a good place to live". In Missouri, our well water was so hard and gyppy we could hardly use it.
    Mr. Husted told us it was about five miles to the Mexican Aurora, a little creek which would be a good place to camp-plenty of wood and water. By the time we arrived there it was dark. We struck camp, built a big camp fire of cottonwood branches, cooked supper and bedded down for the night. The next morning when I awoke, I stuck my head out from under the wagon cover and caught sight of the sand hills. In my excitement I gave Joe a punch in the ribs. He awakened and took a peak too. We hurriedly dressed. Thinking we had found a real hunting ground, we loaded the old double-barreled shot gun and started over the hills and thru the cottonwood valleys, with the gun cocked and finger on the trigger, expecting most any kind of an animal to spring out of the plum bushes and grape vines. However, we were doomed to disappointment, for all we killed was a kildee down on the Aurora. Mother had breakfast ready when we returned to the wagons, hungry as bears.
    There was a little, new town across the Beaver River about two miles from where we were camped, called Beaver City. After breakfast, Daddy rode one of the horses over to take a look at the place and obtain a little information from the folks of the town. He like the people very much but did not think much of the town, due to the sandy streets, too many saloons, no school nor churches.
    The old freight trail leading into Beaver from the north, for about three miles was a bed of soft sand, almost impassable with a loaded wagon. After Daddy returned he and Mother talked the situation over, and decided that since Dodge City was our nearest railroad and all our freighting would be to and from there, that we should locate on the north side of the river and the sand hills.
    Monday morning we drove back to Mr. Husted's. As he was acquainted with the country, he helped us to pick out and stake our claim of 160 acres. We were all very much elated about our new home, but little did we realize what was in store for us in this new pioneer country. Mr. Husted charged Daddy $3.00 for his trouble. We thought he was a little high, but there was nothing we could do about it.
    It was about 3 p.m. March 21, 1887 when we drove onto our claim. Everyone got busy unloading the wagon out on the black burned-off prairie. We were 75 miles from a railroad, a mile or more from the nearest neighbor, and eight miles from Beaver City, the capitol of "No-Man's-Land," a strip of country 34 miles wide and 164 miles long.

Children of James Riley Quinn and Louisa Dunfee

Children of James Riley Quinn and Mary Elizabeth Weyand

Orveta Pauline Quinn

F, b. 5 March 1898, d. November 1986
Father*James Riley Quinn b. 15 Mar 1843, d. 20 Feb 1926
Mother*Mary Elizabeth Weyand b. 15 Mar 1858, d. 24 Jun 1933
Name TypeDateDescription
Married Name5 October 1916As of 5 October 1916,her married name was Wright.
Life EventDateDescription
Birth5 March 1898Orveta Pauline Quinn was born on 5 March 1898 at Oklahoma.
She was the daughter of James Riley Quinn and Mary Elizabeth Weyand.
Marriage5 October 1916Orveta Pauline Quinn married Clifford Ross Wright on 5 October 1916.
DeathNovember 1986Orveta Pauline Quinn died in November 1986 at Sacramento, Sacramento, California, at age 88.
  • Orveta Pauline Quinn Wright - The last but not the least of the children born into the J.R. Quinn family was a little girl. She was named Orveta Pauline, and made her advent in the four-room sod house on the Quinn ranch March 5, 1898. She, the last of the ten children was as welcome as the first. Naturally she was given a lot of attention by the older members of the family, and Mother was quite concerned for fear her little daughter was growing up to be a spoiled child. Nevertheless, you cannot spoil a good child. She spent her early life on the ranch and was as happy as if she were living in a mansion in some large city.
    She attended the Cottonwood School until her parents moved to Beaver, where she had two years of high school work. One of the sacrifices of the pioneer youth was to acquire knowledge without much schooling. Most of their education came from hard knocks, varied experiences and a desire to know. They learned by application and an observing mind. The pioneers are truly self-made people.
    Orveta was united in marriage to Clifford Ross Wright at her parents' home in Beaver on October 5, 1916. Their first home was in Beaver where Ross was an employee and agent of the Kan-O-Tex Oil Company for a year or more. He then worked for Sinclair Oil Co. of Beaver for a number of years acting as local agent first, afterwards as a special agent covering several states. They were transferred from Beaver to Liberal, Kansas, where they were stationed for some time, then were transferred to Dodge City, Kansas, a larger town with a better trade territory.
    About this time, the company needed a competent agent in the south. They were sent first to Sumpter, South Carolina, then to Melbourne, Florida for a time, then to Tallahassee, the capitol city of Florida, and from there to Daytona Beach on the Atlantic coast. They remained in this work until sometime in 1930, when Ross resigned. Orveta, who was a reserved sort of person, became very efficient in making friends in all this moving around to keep up with her traveling agent. It had a tendency to develop patience too, of which she now has an unlimited supply. The family were homesick for their relatives and friends back home so they came back to the big open spaces of the Panhandle of Oklahoma, although they valued their sojourn in the South as a very interesting and educational experience.
    I can hear Veta laugh as she told of the rude huts, small fields-farmed with one mule or sometimes an ox. The country roads were lined with carts, buggies and wagons hauling their produce, such as cotton, tobacco, etc. to market and in turn bringing back meat, flour and sorghum. She told of her children taking a ride in an ox cart-going down the road at a snail's pace. Their stay in Florida was much more enjoyable than in South Carolina. The cities they lived in were modern, and the people they contacted in their work were friendly and very hospitable.
    After they returned to Beaver, Ross felt he wanted to get out of the oil business, but he had been in that work too long, so eventually signed up with the Phillips Petroleum Co. as special agent for the Oklahoma Panhandle with headquarters at Guymon. They remained there until August 1935, when he resigned, sold their Guymon property and moved to California. At this time they live at 10330 McNerney Ave., South Gate, in a comfortable home which they have recently built. They own and operate the Alameda Transfer Company, owning five trucks at this time and doing a lucrative business, making hauls to and from any place in that trucking area.
    Orveta has been a member of the Christian Church since childhood. As much as possible, in her moving around, she has borne her part of the church responsibilities, and done what she could to raise her children in the light of the Gospel. With her cheerful and motherly disposition, she has made many friends. Many who at times have felt the need to lean upon her for moral support in times of trouble and sorrow.
    Their three children have been their life and joy. They are Dean, born February 1, 1919, Beaver, Okla; Lois Lee, born February 17, 1921, Beaver, Oklahoma; Kirby Ross, born September 13, 1937, South Gate, California. If there is any one of the Quinn family who is the gypsy type, we will have to put the brand on baby sister. She has really gone places.

Children of Orveta Pauline Quinn and Clifford Ross Wright

Clifford Ross Wright

Life EventDateDescription
Marriage5 October 1916Clifford Ross Wright married Orveta Pauline Quinn, daughter of James Riley Quinn and Mary Elizabeth Weyand, on 5 October 1916.

Children of Clifford Ross Wright and Orveta Pauline Quinn

Dean E. Wright

M, b. 1 February 1919
Father*Clifford Ross Wright
Mother*Orveta Pauline Quinn b. 5 Mar 1898, d. Nov 1986
Life EventDateDescription
Birth1 February 1919Dean E. Wright was born on 1 February 1919 at Oklahoma.
He was the son of Clifford Ross Wright and Orveta Pauline Quinn.
  • Served in World War II.

Ameila Zoeller

Name TypeDateDescription
Name VariationAmeila Zoeller was also known as Anna.
Married Name3 December 1751As of 3 December 1751,her married name was Weiser.
Life EventDateDescription
Marriage3 December 1751Ameila Zoeller married Frederick Weiser, son of Colonel John Conrad Weiser and Anna Eva Feck, on 3 December 1751.

Child of Ameila Zoeller and Frederick Weiser

John Conrad Weiser

M, b. 15 April 1753, d. 10 September 1804
Father*Frederick Weiser b. 24 Dec 1728, d. 1790
Mother*Ameila Zoeller
Life EventDateDescription
Birth15 April 1753John Conrad Weiser was born on 15 April 1753 at Pennsylvania.
He was the son of Frederick Weiser and Ameila Zoeller.
Marriage12 November 1775John Conrad Weiser married Elizabeth Marrien Klinger on 12 November 1775.
Death10 September 1804John Conrad Weiser died on 10 September 1804 at Pennsylvania at age 51.

Child of John Conrad Weiser and Elizabeth Marrien Klinger

Elizabeth Marrien Klinger

F, b. 10 May 1756, d. 12 March 1820
Name TypeDateDescription
Married Name12 November 1775As of 12 November 1775,her married name was Weiser.
Life EventDateDescription
Birth10 May 1756Elizabeth Marrien Klinger was born on 10 May 1756.
Marriage12 November 1775She married John Conrad Weiser, son of Frederick Weiser and Ameila Zoeller, on 12 November 1775.
Death12 March 1820Elizabeth Marrien Klinger died on 12 March 1820 at Pennsylvania at age 63.

Child of Elizabeth Marrien Klinger and John Conrad Weiser

Eva Weiser

F, b. 1782, d. after 1846
Father*John Conrad Weiser b. 15 Apr 1753, d. 10 Sep 1804
Mother*Elizabeth Marrien Klinger b. 10 May 1756, d. 12 Mar 1820
Name TypeDateDescription
Married NameHer married name was Hepner.
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageEva Weiser married George Hepner.
Birth1782Eva Weiser was born in 1782.
She was the daughter of John Conrad Weiser and Elizabeth Marrien Klinger.
Deathafter 1846Eva Weiser died after 1846.

Children of Eva Weiser and George Hepner

George Hepner

Life EventDateDescription
MarriageGeorge Hepner married Eva Weiser, daughter of John Conrad Weiser and Elizabeth Marrien Klinger.

Children of George Hepner and Eva Weiser

Margaret E. Hepner

F, b. 1818, d. 1859
Father*George Hepner
Mother*Eva Weiser b. 1782, d. a 1846
Name TypeDateDescription
Married NameHer married name was Brosius.
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageMargaret E. Hepner married Samuel Brosius.
Birth1818Margaret E. Hepner was born in 1818.
She was the daughter of George Hepner and Eva Weiser.
Death1859Margaret E. Hepner died in 1859.

Child of Margaret E. Hepner and Samuel Brosius

Samuel Brosius

Life EventDateDescription
MarriageSamuel Brosius married Margaret E. Hepner, daughter of George Hepner and Eva Weiser.

Child of Samuel Brosius and Margaret E. Hepner

Elizabeth Brosius

F, b. 1843, d. 1915
Father*Samuel Brosius
Mother*Margaret E. Hepner b. 1818, d. 1859
Name TypeDateDescription
Married NameHer married name was Eister.
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageElizabeth Brosius married Jacob Harter Eister.
Birth1843Elizabeth Brosius was born in 1843.
She was the daughter of Samuel Brosius and Margaret E. Hepner.
Death1915Elizabeth Brosius died in 1915.

Child of Elizabeth Brosius and Jacob Harter Eister

Jacob Harter Eister

Life EventDateDescription
MarriageJacob Harter Eister married Elizabeth Brosius, daughter of Samuel Brosius and Margaret E. Hepner.

Child of Jacob Harter Eister and Elizabeth Brosius

John S.A. Eister

M, b. 1876, d. 1947
Father*Jacob Harter Eister
Mother*Elizabeth Brosius b. 1843, d. 1915
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageJohn S.A. Eister married Roselda Krigbaum.
Birth1876John S.A. Eister was born in 1876.
He was the son of Jacob Harter Eister and Elizabeth Brosius.
Death1947John S.A. Eister died in 1947.

Child of John S.A. Eister and Roselda Krigbaum

Roselda Krigbaum

Name TypeDateDescription
Married NameHer married name was Eister.
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageRoselda Krigbaum married John S.A. Eister, son of Jacob Harter Eister and Elizabeth Brosius.

Child of Roselda Krigbaum and John S.A. Eister

Dorothy Mae Eister

F, b. 1908, d. 1977
Father*John S.A. Eister b. 1876, d. 1947
Mother*Roselda Krigbaum
Name TypeDateDescription
Married NameHer married name was Sulouff.
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageDorothy Mae Eister married William Raymond Sulouff.
Birth1908Dorothy Mae Eister was born in 1908.
She was the daughter of John S.A. Eister and Roselda Krigbaum.
Death1977Dorothy Mae Eister died in 1977.

William Raymond Sulouff

Life EventDateDescription
MarriageWilliam Raymond Sulouff married Dorothy Mae Eister, daughter of John S.A. Eister and Roselda Krigbaum.

John Hepner

Father*George Hepner
Mother*Eva Weiser b. 1782, d. a 1846
Life EventDateDescription
John Hepner was the son of George Hepner and Eva Weiser.

Child of John Hepner

Jacob Hepner

Father*John Hepner
Life EventDateDescription
Jacob Hepner was the son of John Hepner.

Jacob Weiser

M, b. 22 September 1736, d. 1 January 1808
Father*Christopher Frederick Weiser b. 24 Feb 1699, d. 6 Jun 1768
Mother*Elizabeth Breidenbach b. 25 Dec 1702, d. 29 Jul 1760
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageJacob Weiser married Anna Elizabeth Kurr.
Birth22 September 1736Jacob Weiser was born on 22 September 1736 at New Jersey.
He was the son of Christopher Frederick Weiser and Elizabeth Breidenbach.
Death1 January 1808Jacob Weiser died on 1 January 1808 at Tulpehocken, Berks, Pennsylvania, at age 71.
Burialafter 1 January 1808He was buried after 1 January 1808 at Christ Lutheran Cemetery, Stouchsburg, Berks, Pennsylvania.
  • In Christopher Frederick Weiser's will dated 27 April 1768 at Salisbury, Northampton, Pennsylvania, Jacob Weiser was named as an heir and executor; listing 7 living children, all from his first wife.
  • He left a will on 11 September 1807 at Tulpehocken, Berks, Pennsylvania.

Children of Jacob Weiser and Anna Elizabeth Kurr

Anna Elizabeth Kurr

F, b. 5 June 1740, d. 1 October 1805
Name TypeDateDescription
Name VariationAnna Elizabeth Kurr was also known as Elizabeth.
Married NameHer married name was Weiser.
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageAnna Elizabeth Kurr married Jacob Weiser, son of Christopher Frederick Weiser and Elizabeth Breidenbach.
Birth5 June 1740Anna Elizabeth Kurr was born on 5 June 1740.
Death1 October 1805She died on 1 October 1805 at Berks, Pennsylvania, at age 65.

Children of Anna Elizabeth Kurr and Jacob Weiser

John Weiser

M, b. 23 January 1766, d. 7 November 1825
Father*Jacob Weiser b. 22 Sep 1736, d. 1 Jan 1808
Mother*Anna Elizabeth Kurr b. 5 Jun 1740, d. 1 Oct 1805
Name TypeDateDescription
Name VariationJohn Weiser was also known as Johannes Weiser.
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageJohn Weiser married Elizabeth Anspach.
Birth23 January 1766John Weiser was born on 23 January 1766.
He was the son of Jacob Weiser and Anna Elizabeth Kurr.
Death7 November 1825John Weiser died on 7 November 1825 at age 59.

Child of John Weiser

Elizabeth Anspach

F, b. 2 November 1776, d. 14 March 1841
Name TypeDateDescription
Name VariationElizabeth Anspach was also known as Catherine.
Married NameHer married name was Weiser.
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageElizabeth Anspach married John Weiser, son of Jacob Weiser and Anna Elizabeth Kurr.
Birth2 November 1776Elizabeth Anspach was born on 2 November 1776.
Death14 March 1841She died on 14 March 1841 at age 64.

Peter Weiser

M, b. 25 May 1789, d. 18 May 1843
Father*John Weiser b. 23 Jan 1766, d. 7 Nov 1825
Life EventDateDescription
MarriagePeter Weiser married Sarah Moore at second marriage for him.
Birth25 May 1789Peter Weiser was born on 25 May 1789.
He was the son of John Weiser.
Death18 May 1843Peter Weiser died on 18 May 1843 at age 53.

Child of Peter Weiser and Sarah Moore

Sarah Moore

Name TypeDateDescription
Married NameHer married name was Weiser.
Life EventDateDescription
MarriageSarah Moore married Peter Weiser, son of John Weiser, at second marriage for him.

Child of Sarah Moore and Peter Weiser

Jacob Weiser

M, b. 3 March 1823, d. 10 October 1887
Father*Peter Weiser b. 25 May 1789, d. 18 May 1843
Mother*Sarah Moore
Life EventDateDescription
Birth3 March 1823Jacob Weiser was born on 3 March 1823.
He was the son of Peter Weiser and Sarah Moore.
Death10 October 1887Jacob Weiser died on 10 October 1887 at age 64.

Ellen Frances Rider

Father*George Rider b. 1787, d. 1865
Mother*Martha Weiser b. 1802, d. 1885
Name TypeDateDescription
Married NameHer married name was Wheeler.
Name VariationEllen Frances Rider was also known as Fanny.
Life EventDateDescription
Ellen Frances Rider was the daughter of George Rider and Martha Weiser.

Child of Ellen Frances Rider

Michael Oswald Wheeler

Mother*Ellen Frances Rider
Life EventDateDescription
Michael Oswald Wheeler was the son of Ellen Frances Rider.

Johannes Martin Batdorf

M, b. September 1698, d. 20 February 1782
Father*Johannes Jacob Peter Batdorf b. 1648, d. 1709
Mother*Anna Maria Catharina Herber b. 9 May 1677, d. 14 Jan 1748
Revolutionary War Patriot - Martin Bottorff (Batdorf) - DAR # A012486
Revolutionary ancestors of the Indiana Daughters of the American Revolution - Martin Batdorf
Name TypeDateDescription
Name VariationJohannes Martin Batdorf was also known as Martin.
Name VariationJohannes Martin Batdorf was also known as Bottorff.
Name VariationJohannes Martin Batdorf was also known as Battorf.
Name VariationJohannes Martin Batdorf was also known as Martinus.
Life EventDateDescription
BirthSeptember 1698Johannes Martin Batdorf was born in September 1698 at Switzerland also reported as Germany.
He was the son of Johannes Jacob Peter Batdorf and Anna Maria Catharina Herber.
Marriage1718Johannes Martin Batdorf married Margaretha Elisabetha Walborn, daughter of Johann Adam Walborn and Anna Elizabetha Feg, in 1718 at New York also reported as Jul 18, 1720.
Death20 February 1782Johannes Martin Batdorf died on 20 February 1782 at Berks, Pennsylvania, at age 83.
Burialafter 20 February 1782He was buried after 20 February 1782 at Christ Lutheran Cemetery, Stouchsburg, Berks, Pennsylvania, (There is no written record that Johannes Martin is buried here. It is an assumption because he was a charter member and deacon of this congregation and lived in this area. No tombstone can be found although there are others of his family buried here.).
  • Charter member and deacon of Christ Lutheran Church, Strochburg, Berks Co., PA. 1748, high delegate representative to the first organization convention. Well educated, very proficient in reading & writing.
  • He came to American with his widowed mother and his sister. Martinus was a delagate to the high Lutheran Ministerium in Philadelphia in 1748-1752. He was a charter member and deacon of Christ Lutheran Church, Strouchburg, Berks Co., PA. He was a farmer. He and Maria left Schoharif, NY, in 1723 with a body of 150 men, women and children and settled in Meyerstown, Lebanon Co., PA (Woschester Co.). The company cut a road from Schoharie, NY, to the head waters of the Susquehanna River, down which they floated their flatboats and canoes holding their women, children, and household goods. They drove their cattle along the banks of the stream. When they reached what is now Middletown, PA, they turned up the Swatara Creek and finally landed at their intended destination in the western part of Berks County and the eastern part of Lebanon County (then a part of Lancaster Co.), with none but Indians for their neighbors. Here they squatted, each family picking their own particular spot to build a home. Martin and Maria Elizabeth built their home on a small branch of the Tulpehocken Creek, about 1 1/2 miles north and east of what is now Myerstown, Lebanon Co., PA. Martin bought his land, 329 acres, on 2 Nov 1739, after having "squatted" on it as early as 1727.
  • Our Keystone Families - profile of Martin Batdorf family.
    Lebanon Daily News (Lebanon, Pennsylvania) September 28, 1973 - Our Keystone Families - Batdorf family
  • Johannes Martin Batdorf immigrated with Anna Maria Catharina Herber on 10 June 1710 at They left London, England on Christmas day, 1709 to, New York, New York; After her father died in the Palatines' encampment outside London, her mother embarked for America with her five children, three of whom died enroute leaving only their mother (Anna Maria), Catharina and her brother, Martin, as sole survivors of the Batdorf family to reach America at that time.

Children of Johannes Martin Batdorf and Margaretha Elisabetha Walborn

Margaretha Elisabetha Walborn

F, b. 25 October 1696, d. 1796
Father*Johann Adam Walborn b. 1666, d. 1741
Mother*Anna Elizabetha Feg b. 1670
Name TypeDateDescription
Name VariationMargaretha Elisabetha Walborn was also known as Maria Elizabetha.
Married Name1718As of 1718,her married name was Bottorff.
Married Name1718As of 1718,her married name was Batdorf.
Life EventDateDescription
Baptism25 October 1696Margaretha Elisabetha Walborn was baptized on 25 October 1696 at Weisbaden, Germany.
She was the daughter of Johann Adam Walborn and Anna Elizabetha Feg.
Marriage1718Margaretha Elisabetha Walborn married Johannes Martin Batdorf, son of Johannes Jacob Peter Batdorf and Anna Maria Catharina Herber, in 1718 at New York also reported as Jul 18, 1720.
Burial1796Margaretha Elisabetha Walborn was buried in 1796 at Christ Lutheran Cemetery, Stouchsburg, Berks, Pennsylvania, (There is no written record of where Maria Elizabeth is buried. Christ Lutheran Cemetery in Stouchsburg, Berks County, Pennsylvania is an assumption because her husband was a charter member and deacon of this congregation and they lived in this area. No tombstone can be found although there are others of her family buried here.).
Death1796She died in 1796 at Myerstown, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.

Children of Margaretha Elisabetha Walborn and Johannes Martin Batdorf